Meet Colin Mixon

Meet Colin Mixon! He's from Indianapolis, Indiana, in addition to he's a junior inward Computer Engineering.

Why did y'all select Computer Engineering?
I liked Computer Engineering because it uses Computer Science, merely allows me the might to become to the hardware side of computers, every bit well, in addition to thus I’m non express to whatever 1 surface area of a computer. It offered the nearly flexibility for what I desire to do.
Why did y'all select Purdue Engineering?
I chose Purdue Engineering because of the potent alumni network. Before I came to college, an alum of the computer program told me that Purdue Engineering has pull all over the world. I didn’t realize the weight that a Purdue Engineering flat holds!
What are your campus involvements?
I’m a fellow member of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE). The woman nurture chapter! We were founded hither at Purdue! I’m an ambassador for the College of Engineering. I’m a pre-college advisor for the , a recruitment component division for Purdue Engineering. And I’m newly involved alongside EPICS, on a squad working on improving an interactive learning centre past times designing in addition to edifice an interactive map that volition display wolf populations to a greater extent than or less the globe. I’m loving this sense because it’s giving me an chance to role my CE didactics to positively touching on an awesome scheme in addition to community partner that wouldn’t hold out able to exercise this without Purdue.
What exercise y'all exercise inward your gratis time?
When I accept time, I honey watching movies in addition to tv! I likewise honey spending fourth dimension at the CoRec playing basketball game or soccer alongside friends.
What is your internship sense like?
From June to Dec of 2018, I was working alongside Intel inward Sacramento every bit component division of their nonvolatile retentiveness solutions group, working on difficult drives to sell to companies or customers. I was doing validation to brand certain all the features worked correctly in addition to fixing them if they didn’t. I likewise accept my plans laid for side past times side summer! I’ll hold out inward Seattle alongside Microsoft every bit a software engineer in addition to production manager.
What are your career aspirations?
Short-term, I’d similar to become to grad schoolhouse for embedded systems or command systems. Long-term, I desire to hold out the Pb engineer of a grouping that makes a production customers are able to use. I’m heavily influenced past times Steve Jobs, I desire to hold out the individual on phase introducing a novel production in addition to telling the footing what our accomplishments were.
Do y'all accept an advice for prospective students considering Purdue Engineering?
Align your major alongside your career goals, non the other means around. There are many paths to 1 result, in addition to thus brand your didactics locomote best for how y'all desire to role it. Also, hold out willing to assay assistance when y'all demand it. Purdue has in addition to thus many resources in addition to people desire to assistance you!

Sumber https://futureengineerspurdue.blogspot.com/

Jangan sampai ketinggalan postingan-postingan terbaik dari Meet Colin Mixon. Berlangganan melalui email sekarang juga:

Bali Attractions

BACA JUGA LAINNYA:

Bali Attractions